JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Monday, December 24, 2012

Ho... Ho... Ho...

Morris and Thomas view Santa completely different.  They may look very similar, but they act and think very differently.  


With Morris, I know exactly what to expect with Santa... LOVE!  Morris will walk up to Santa, sit on his lap for hours, talk to him like he is his best friend.  Jared said the other day, do you think Morris really likes Santa or is afraid if he cries, Santa won't bring toys.  In my heart, I think that Morris loves Santa, but Morris is Morris.  He is not a dumb-dumb.  He may honestly think if he cries = no gifts.  For my sake, I like to remember this time of Morris believing.  At 4 years old, Morris believes with his whole heart.  He loves Santa... everything about Santa.  I have loved seeing Morris experience Santa this way.  I know a day will come when he wont't believe or he only believes for me, but this year he believes.  He believes the way a child should in a pure innocent way and I am loving every minute of it.  



Since Santa wasn't too busy during Brunch, Morris asked to go sit with him again (only Morris).  They sat together for 10 minutes just reading books and talking about Santa's reindeer's.  Santa was so kind to Morris.     

Each time Thomas sees Santa he says, ho... ho... ho...!  That is his loving/scared way of signaling that Santa is near!  Thomas loves Santa from afar waving to him and smiling, but don't get him too close.  Those children you see on tv or in magazines that are screaming and red faced when they are on Santa's lap, I was very afraid that would be Thomas.  I didn't know what to do...  Like normal, we went with what we do best.. a pre-game speech and watch Morris he loves Santa.  After Morris curled up with Santa, Thomas was ready to perform.  No tears in this house!!!  I told Thomas no crying and go get on Santa's lap.  He sat there and let me take a few pictures.  He didn't "perform" like Morris with a full smile, book reading, and conversation, but there were no tears!!!  I know that it will get easier over time.  For now, Thomas is leery of Santa, just a little nervous, just a little curious, but loving to say ho, ho, ho!

** There is not one pictures of Thomas alone with Santa.  He will only go up there with Morris; the comfort of his brother. **


We were lucky enough to get to see Santa twice this year: at Sunday brunch at the mall.  Both experiences were great.  I was glad Morris adored his time with Santa and that Thomas tolerated Santa.


Morris after his pre-game Santa talk.  He has "that" look on his face.  Like, are you serious, do we really have to talk about my behavior AGAIN... YES!!!  - We have many, many more years of pre-game talks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment