This year, Jared and I started taking Morris and Thomas to church on Wednesday night. Both of our parents set a good example for us and we always went to RA's and GA's growing up. Jared and I both want Morris and Thomas to have the same experience growing up.
Honestly, taking them to church on Wednesday night is a struggle. It is not easy to get two boys out of the house from 5pm-7pm and expect consistent "good" behavior. But, we do it, because it is what we want to do. I do a lot of things in my life that are "tough". I decided that I can women-up and get these two boys to church on Wednesday night to learn about God.
Needless to say, there have been many tough Wednesday nights, but it was all worth it to see Morris in his first church musical.
| Last practice before his performance. Everyone was told to wear khaki pants and a white button up shirt, ha! We don't wear "man" clothes. M has his whole life to wear "man" clothes. |
Morris was a shepherd. The Cherub Choir only sang two songs and Morris knew them word for word. I was so proud of him, wearing his costume, standing on the risers, and singing about God. Morris doesn't understand everything yet about our salvation, but he understands in the innocent way a four year old should.
| Our shepherd boy! |
| Jared and Morris having their pre-game talk. Parker and Mark in the background also having their pre-game talk., |
There were some low moments during his performance, he sat down once when he should have been standing, he looked around at everyone's costume instead of looking into the crowd... Maybe he isn't a born performer like me, but he is on his way. I was so proud of Morris. Sometimes I forget that he is only 4.
| Thomas ready to watch big brother, Morris. |
| A memory of Morris not doing his best. |
| The sweetest memory of Morris being a shepherd and singing for joy! |
We love our little shepherd boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment