JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lost Faith

During the Christmas Season, you hear people saying that the magic of Christmas is gone or they have lost their faith in Christmas. It always makes me think, how do people loose their faith in Jesus Christ? As I type, I look around my house... I know that "Amy World" is filled with endless blessings: a warm house, a full stomach, two children, a dog, a faithful husband, loving parents... the list could go on for days. Does that mean that every day of my so called perfect life is easy... NO... Does that mean that I have down days... YES... Does that mean that sometimes everyone in my world drives me crazy... YES! But, at the end of the day, my blessings are endless. So, it brings me back to, how do people loose their faith in Jesus. They stop going to church, they stop tithing, they start believing that they can run their life without God's help. Most of all, I think they start believing that their sins are okay and that God will look over them. - All I know is that without my daily pocket prayers to God, I would be lost. Daily, I have to pray and ask God for help.

Some of today's pocket prayers:


  • Lord, please let me get through this day with both children at home and no Mother's Day Out. Morris' behavior can be a challenge. Let me have the patience to handle any problems that may arise.


  • Lord, please don't let me stress about my weight today. I wish I was skinner. Help me find peace in knowing that I am trying my best.


  • Lord, please let me be a good wife when Jared comes home tonight. Not cranky from a busy day with the children, but glad to have a husband that loves his family.


  • Lord, please help me distract Thomas from playing in the fireplace. I need to be able to cook dinner and could use a little help distracting him.
My list of pocket prayers could go on and on... I say them each day, each hour, sometimes every few minutes. Without God's strength my life would crumble.

My prayer for you today is... If you have lost your faith in Christ, that you start small; start with a pocket prayer. Ask God to give you the strength to walk back into his church to fellowship with other believers who also have struggles, but know that with and through God everything is possible.

My children not only believe in the magic of Christmas, but the believe in power and grace of God. Just ask Morris... he'll tell you all about baby Jesus.

This Christmas, I hope that your family is not only blessed with presents under the tree, but with a faith that you can only find in our Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment