
The debate continues... a real tree or a fake tree. Sometimes I think I argue with Jared just to see him get feisty. I am normally the spunky one but when I talk about a fake Christmas tree Jared gets opinionated with me. I don't really mind a real tree at all. I love the smell and all the fussing that goes along with putting it up. It's just the daily watering and needle pickup, ugh, but since Jared wants a real tree. He feels obligated to do the watering. - This years tree was nothing but our typical fiasco... We went early Sunday morning in the
POURING rain. Not a trickle, sprinkle, or even a steady rain... a true pouring rain. But, it was the day we were getting

our tree and off we went! Morris loved putting on his rain boots and looking for the perfect tree with daddy. Thomas was happy staying in the warm, dry car. While "picking" the perfect tree is typically a huge discussion, this year Jared and I agree on practically the first tree we saw. The tree was great, tall and lean. I don't like

a tree that is too "fat". We loaded up our perfect tree and home she came. Morris and Jared did all the things men are supposed to do with a Christmas tree. They cut off the lower branches and the bottom of the tree for better water absorption. Of course Morris had to use his saw and be a big boy with daddy. The experience was great. There are only so many years when Morris will want to be daddy's little helper. We worked until sundown putting lights up, making sure the ornaments were in the correct spot, and rotating the tree to make sure her best side was forward. Our tree has been nothing but a pure joy this year. Not only does Morris love it, but Thoma

s goes into a trance every time he sees the tree. The tree is only one of many memories to be made this Christmas...
No comments:
Post a Comment