JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Narrative of Our Night

If you are looking for pictures of Morris, this is not the blog for you to read!!! Pictures mean you have time to get the camera out... A Narrative of Our Night is a picture less blog post. I started The Gladdens in Gadsden to document our life. Normally, I document our life pretty accurately. Friends often ask me... how is your house so clean... how do you have dinner on the table... how this... how that... Well... the truth is... behind the scenes it is often chaotic and crazy!

Here is A Narrative of Our Night:

Around five o'clock Jared walked in the door and all was peaceful. I was proud of myself for talking Morris into watching Mickey while I started dinner. Starting at five, is late for me. Typically, I start early knowing that five o'clock is a busy time. Luckily, all was going well...

Then, Jared walks in and the chaos begins... Morris immediately goes into a Tasmanian Devil/Wild Indian mode. He runs around throwing puzzle pieces and diving into pillows and blankets. Immediately, the calm of the house has disappeared. Morris is ready to play with daddy.

After preparing dinner (pork tenderloin, green beans, mashed potato stuffed bell peppers, and rolls), we sit down for what appears to be a calm dinner. Morris is eating like a "big boy" feeding himself and asking for more "meat". We thought the chaos of the night might have settled.

How quickly things can change with a two year old and a dog! Morris is finished and we get him up from the table. He walks into the family room and quickly returns to announce that Louis has "dookied" on the rug. Yes, "dookie". Don't ask me where he heard the word "dookie" (although he claims it was Pop)! Jared and I quickly run into the living room because Louis has not had a potty accident in the house in four years. Turns out, Louis has thrown up on the rug... not once, but twice.

Jared quickly starts cleaning up the mess. Morris hops right in and mimics Jared's every move of wiping, spraying, disinfecting... As we are all feeling sorry for Louis thinking that he is sick, oh... no, no... Louis has hopped into Jared's kitchen chair and is finishing all of Jared's dinner off the dinner plate.

Yes... this is our night... it is not even seven and Morris is running around like a Tasmanian... Louis has "dookied".... and our house looks like a bomb has exploded in every room...

Welcome to the Life of the Gladdens in Gadsden... From the outside we may look put together... On the inside you never know what calamity is waiting around the next corner!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. It sounds just like us, minus the child and add another dog and 2 cats!! I might pay money to hear Morris say "dookie". Hahaha

    ReplyDelete