JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Advent Candle - Love

On Sunday, December 19th, our family lit the Christmas Advent Candle symbolizing love at church. Jared did the reading while I held Morris. Jared read... Today we light the fourth candle - the candle of love. With this flame we signify the love of God that surrounds and fills us at all times, and we recognize that love in a special way through the Christmas Story. There is no greater power than love. It is stronger than rulers and empires, stronger than grief or despair, stronger even than death. We love, because God loves us. I was so proud of Jared and Morris. Jared did a wonderful job reading while Morris just watched and listened. We were glad that my parents came on this special day with us. After the lighting of the candle and Sunday School, we headed off to Brunch with Santa. You never know how Morris is going to handle Santa. Today, he did okay. I'm not surprised he was a little touch-and-go. I have a horrible cold, he was tired after church, and knew things were a little off with him coming into the church service. Morris wanted to watch Santa and would touch him if Jared was holding him. He liked touching his soft coat and looking at his glasses. He refused to sit in Santa's lap. I was just proud there was no crying or screaming. Morris was almost perfect for lunch... almost! He only threw a few french fries, his fork and spoon once or twice, and when he realized no-one would scream back at him he also stopped screaming. When Morris started to get restless, Kaki thought of a "great" idea. She decided Morris could salt and pepper his food. Well... he loved it. Morris loved putting salt and pepper on his French onion soup. I can't tell you how much salt and pepper he ate, but it kept him quiet and we enjoyed our lunch. It was very humorous and too cute. I just hope this "great" idea doesn't come back to haunt us. On a very long and special Sunday morning, Morris was a great boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment