JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Monday, December 27, 2010

Morris Christmas Eve

We had a great Christmas Eve 2010. Our family celebrated the night with my parents, went to the candlelight service at church, and then... had a little surprise. The night started wonderfully. We went to Kaki and Bud's for Morris to play with his new best friend, a five foot plus signing and dancing Santa Claus. Kaki and Bud bought Santa just for Morris. He will sit and play with Santa for almost an hour. He loves to hear him sing and dance. The five foot singing and dancing Santa has truly been one of the highlights of our Christmas. After a quick dance and sing along, we sat down for a yummy dinner Cheesy Tomato Tortellini Soup. I borrowed the recipe off a friends blog and it was so tasty. Morris licked his bowl clean insisting that he feed himself. You can imagine what he looked like after feeding himself tomato based soup. Quickly we changed heading to the Live Nativity and Candlelight Service. Morris was excited beyond words to see Baby Jesus and the Ox. I know you are thinking Ox, why not a cow? Well, Morris reads his Drummer Boy book and the cow is specifically called an Ox. After a small meltdown because there was no ox, we went into church and Morris went to the nursery. The candlelight was beautiful and we allowed Morris to come sit with us to sing Silent Night and light our candle or as he calls it a "flashlight". As they turned the lights down low for us to light our candles, Morris announced "it's dark" in his booming two-year-old voice. The entire church of 300 plus heard him and made a tiny giggle. Although I was a little embarrassed it was cute and a good memory. Morris proudly held his "flashlight" as we sang Silent Night. We walked into the street spreading our flame for Christ as we celebrated His birth. Once again, we had another small meltdown as Morris had to blow out his "flashlight" and drop it into a box. We quickly rushed to the car with our screaming boy... yes, we are still those people. Morris is very cute, but he can put on a good tantrum! As we rode around, we let Morris eat Chex-Mix, not thinking that the smell would bother me. Now that I am 25 weeks pregnant, I haven't been sick in months much less weeks. On the ride home, I could tell I felt "funny". My first inclination was the TIGHT panty house I had on... boy was I wrong! We got back to Kaki and Bud's to open presents and I was just not feeling well. I laid down and quickly knew I needed to go home. Yes, you guessed it, I had a stomach virus... all Christmas Eve and Christmas. I quickly took myself home and put myself in quarantine while Morris and Jared stayed at Kaki and Bud's to open presents. Morris loved his two gifts from Kaki and Bud: a computer and Black and Decker tool set. The most humorous event of the night was that we told Bud months ago to put the tool set together. He insisted that it wouldn't be hard and would only be in a couple of pieces, ha. The joke was definitely on Bud... the tool set was in about a hundred pieces. It didn't come with an instruction manual, but an instruction book... ha, ha, ha. Morris, Bud, and Jared stayed up late making sure that Morris' Black and Decker Tool Set was perfect. Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment