Here's to the bright new year, and a found farewell to the old;
here's to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold.
I found that saying on a Happy New Year card that we received from The Brewers. I loved the saying to sum up a wonderful year and lead us into a new year.
2012 has just been routine, normal, and wonderful around the Gladden house. We cleaned the house Sunday, but were careful not to wash any clothing. According to New Year's tradition, we didn't want to "wash" a family member away. We ate all of our traditional food with Kaki and Bud: turnip greens for money, black eyes peas for luck, pork and chocolate pie because Kaki says they are delicious with any meal. I guess you could say in the South we are just a little superstitious and traditional.
Our biggest event was late Sunday morning when Jared and I moved the bouncy house into the playroom. Carrying it up the stairs was not the easiest task! Now that it is up there, life is grand. We were preparing for the cold winter days that are just ahead of us. The best part of having a bouncy house upstairs is that we can bounce in our pajamas... whoop, whoop!
We have officially bounced into 2012...
No comments:
Post a Comment