JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thomas is 9 Months

I can't hardly believe that Thomas is nine months old. I feel like I am just now getting into the routine of having two children...

Nine months started out with a bang, Monday, January 9th, was quite the day.

Our life always seems hectic, but before 9am on Monday, I felt like I had already diverted quite a few crisis.

It was Morris' first day back at school and he had a dental appointment Morris going back to school and to the dentist didn't even worry me. He loves school and his teachers. He was happy to go back and play with his friends. I think he was looking forward to a normal routine. Morris wasn't even upset about going to see Dr. Isbell. He sat in the chair like a big boy and let Dr. Isbell and Mrs. Sara count and clean all 20 of his teeth.

After dropping Morris off at school, Thomas and I headed out for an impromptu/emergency eye appointment with Dr. Metz. It wasn't easy considering I had to drive to Birmingham with a fussy baby in the backseat. For six months Thomas had terribly clogged tear ducts, so bad that we had an operation date set with Dr. Metz. When Thomas woke with both eyes matted closed, I was afraid that once again we were having tear duct issues. After Dr. Metz examined Thomas' eyes very carefully, it was determined that Thomas had the worst case of pink eye he had seen in months. I was embarrassed that I drove to Birmingham for pink eye, but I rejoiced that our tear ducts are still flowing freely. The task quickly began of sterilizing our house so that everyone did not get the dreaded pink eye.

On Wednesday, Thomas and I headed out to see Nurse Joan and Dr. Rick. They determined that Thomas is perfectly proportional. Thomas is 22 pounds (68%) and 29 inches long (67%). Thomas loved on them both and we headed home without shots since we are caught up.

Thomas is doing great at nine months. I feel like we are hitting all our milestones: eating three meals a day, crawling so fast that I can't keep up, walking while holding on to chairs, hands, whatever he can grab, saying momma, dada, bye-bye, waving. He still has no teeth, but we are patiently waiting.

Thomas keeps us busy and we are loving every minute!


No comments:

Post a Comment