JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Day in the Life of Morris T

A day in the life of Morris T is never boring; to be honest, it's not even normal. I feel like we live on the edge of keeping our sanity. I am sure that most mothers with boys that are close in age feel the same way. I never know what Morris is going to do or say, especially when we are in public. Here are a few of the "normal" things he has been up to lately:

Our yard is full of pecan trees. With all the rain lately, we've had large limbs fall. Our pecan trees have tons, millions, billions of pecans this year. With the limbs falling, our yard has a bountiful harvest of pecans that are not ripe yet. Morris loves picking them up and feeding them to his toy deer and moose. I really didn't think this was a problem until his hands turned BLACK. We have scrubbed and scrubbed since Thursday. As of today, they are still black maybe even blacker. We just call him our little farmer boy. What am I going to do with his black hands...


On Friday, Morris asked for orange jello to eat while he watched tv. First, for Morris to even watch tv is a huge deal. He really has no interest in the tv. So I hopped on the opportunity for a few minutes of peace and ran him an orange jello and flipped the tv to whatever he wanted. As soon as I had turned my head, what was he doing... leaning over the chair and feeding Thomas his jello. They were so happy, I just let them continue. Boys will be boys...

Finally, Jared and I were getting ready Saturday night to go eat with friends. I realized that I needed to touch up my toenail polish. No big deal, I didn't think this would register. I knew better, with Morris, everything registers in his little brain. He runs to his bedroom and gets very quiet. A true sign of MORRIS!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? He was in his bedroom painting his toes with Vicks Vapor Rub and drying them with an ear syringe. He said he was making his toes beautiful like mine. I'm not sure about beautiful, but they were minty fresh.

That's our Morris T... always interesting, never a dull moment with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment