The other day I announced I was cooking something new for dinner. I am typically a pretty good cook and try to make us healthy meals. Currently, I am tired and making easy meals... not always the healthiest. As I was flipping through a cookbook, I saw a recipe for Tater Tot Casserole. Morris adores Tater Tots. Currently he tells us that his name is Morris T. "Tater Tot" Gladden. I couldn't think of a more perfect dish to cook.
I quickly call Kaki to tell her about my new recipe and how cute it will be for Morris. Kaki proceeds to tell me that The Duggar's eat Tater Tot Casserole all... the time. She laughed and laughed. Instead of calling it Tater Tot Casserole at our house, we now call it Duggar Casserole. I don't know why it is so funny to me, but it just is. I told mother since The Duggar's are feeding so many they have to do it on the cheap. She wanted to me know that The Duggar's are not poor, they have a huge deal with TLC so Tater Tot Casserole must be easy and yummy...
Drumroll Please...
Tater Tot Casserole also known as Duggar Casserole
1 bag of Frozen Tater Tots
1 small onion diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 ounces sour cream
1 pound ground chuck
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown meat and onion over medium heat. Drain excess grease. Mix with cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Set aside. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with Pam. Pour one layer of frozen tater tots into dish. Pour meat mixture oven frozen tater tots. Add another layer of tater tots and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 30-45 minutes. Serve with a salad.
Jared and Morris thought Duggar Casserole was GREAT!! They both ate it up. Morris is not being a great eater right now, so I am sure Duggar Casserole will pop back up into the rotation.
Happy Duggar Cooking...
No comments:
Post a Comment