JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Monday, March 28, 2011

Juggling Life

Our life these last couple of weeks have been like a juggling act... maybe more like the circus... I'm not really sure which, but life is good. So what have the Gladdens in Gadsden been juggling:

  • THOMAS - I am officially 38 weeks pregnant. My pregnancy with Thomas has been relatively easy up until about 36 weeks. I have now hit a wall of exhaustion. I have to nap with Morris or I am completely beat at the end of the day. Morris arrived 10 days early, so I am hoping Thomas will arrive any day now. I have a big doctors appointment Wednesday. I am hoping we will be able to see some progress toward Thomas' arrival date.

  • MORRIS - If it were not for my mother helping with Morris daily, I do not know how I would do it. Morris has moments everyday where he could be the poster child for the "terrible two's". Thank you Kaki for being able to handle him. Morris is also a wonderful boy. If you ask him how he is going to help with Thomas, he quickly announces that he will: give Thomas a bottle, hand him his pacifier, rock him to sleep, and read to him... help us now... no telling what Morris is going to do with Thomas. Every night Morris touches my belly and tells Thomas night, night and for him to hurry and come... hurry up Thomas... we are waiting on you

  • 114 (the old house) - We are still living in 114. It is currently under contract - not the kind of contract that makes you sing and immediately start packing boxes. Our house is one in a string of a few that have to close all on the same day. Please continue to keep 114 on your prayer list. People all over town keep congratulating us on selling our house. We can't wait to open the champagne and celebrate, but give us a few more weeks before things are official!

  • 259 (the new house) - The new house is a work in progress everyday. We have been blessed that our backyards connect. It feels like I go over there about ten times a day for meetings and updates. We have a staircase, a powder room, working lights in almost every room of the house, doorways that have been raised to 10 feet, almost 100% completion on painting thanks to Jared, Bud, Pop, and Grand, flooring coming out - flooring coming in, two new working heating/cooling units... mostly 259 is the circus that keeps us busy...

I am excited for Thomas' arrival, the official sell of 114, and the move to 259. There are still a million dots connecting the three and things that must be completed before everything will be settled. Our mind is in a great spot and we are plugging along.


Life was so different when I was 38 weeks pregnant with Morris. Jared and I were a happy couple of two and I was working as a fifth grade teacher. I thought things were hard, ha... Balancing a two year old, selling a house, and remodeling... make teaching look easy and I never thought I would say teaching was easy.


Juggling, the circus, what ever you want to call it... life is crazy, but crazy good...

No comments:

Post a Comment