
TJ Maxxing... Couponing... Consigning... Whatever your form of Bargain Buying, I think there should be a class in it, like in college... Bargain Buying 101 for Mother's! I dabble in TJ Maxx looking through the clothes, I enjoy cutting coupons and looking for deals, and I definitely love a children's boutique 50% off sale... but there is nothing like consigning. Maybe it is because I am in the nesting stage of pregnancy or maybe it is just a challenge, but I enjoy the thrill/art of children's clothes consignment. The past two weekends in Gadsden have featured the best consignment sales: Leslie's Boutique Consignment Show which she hosts in her home and the Early Learning Center of Gadsden First United Methodist Church. To consign to your best ability and earn the most profit y

ou must 1) know your target market, 2) be a consignor, and 3) be prepared to shop multiple days. Lessons Learned in Consigning: 1) Knowing your target market: At which shows can I sell my $25 items and where do I need to sell my $5 items. Example: Leslie's consignment sale is a boutique sale only, meaning that items will range from $25-$30 dollars and less. All the clothing new in a boutique store would be $60-$90 outfits. All the clothing featured in Leslie's show is high-end, top dollar, like new clothing. As a consignor, I know that I am going to have my best luck with nice clothing at Leslie's Sale. The people coming to her sale are only looking for boutique clothing. Therefore, enter your $30 outfits at boutique consignment sales! 2) You must be a consignor! For those of you who do not know the secret, consignors normally shop a day befo

re or a few hours before the sale is open to the public. Therefore, when you consign, you are privy to the best items in the house! For Example: At the Early Learning Sale, they accept boutique items all the way down to $1 items. While I am looking at everything, from high dollar to low dollar, to get the best items, you must shop the pre-sale. Boutique items that are priced right will be picked up in 5 minutes. Yes, these women are fearless when it comes to their children wearing nice clothing. Being a consignor = getting the best items at the pre-sale! 3) Shopping Multiple Days means finding multiple deals. Many big sales like the one at the Methodist Church will last for two or three days. The last day is often a 50% off day. I always buy the items that are a must when I go to the pre-sale, but if you can hold off on items you might want, they

could be 50% off on the last day. For example: At the Methodist Church, I quickly picked up my most treasured items at the pre-sale knowing they would get gone quickly. Other items I looked at and thought... I'll wait and see if they go 50% off. (You must not care if you loose these items, because some of them will not be there when you return.) I was successful this trip and able to get a few items 50% off! - I'm not really sure if there is an art to consigning or not, but I love it. I enjoy being able to get Morris and Thomas clothes that are truly nice for 50% or less then I would pay in a boutique store. To me, a stay at home mom, this is great! So for Spring Consignment Shows 2011, you ask how did I fair... I spent around $128 dollars on 17 items. That would be approximately $8 an outfit! To be honest, I know that some of my outfits were $20-$15 boutique outfits and some things were $3... so be aware that $8 an outfit is not 100% accurate. I hope that Bargain Buying 101 helps as you enter the world of Spring Children's Consignment Sales! ** The pictures feature all my new consignment treasures. **
No comments:
Post a Comment