JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Babymoon

When I was pregnant with Morris, I saw all these places advertising "babymoons". I wasn't quite sure what a babymoon was... it seemed like everyday with Jared was a honeymoon. We lived in our new house, we both had jobs we liked, I cooked dinner nightly... In general our life was footloose and fancy free. Fast forward 26 months... and yes, I now understand what taking a "babymoon" means. From the Dictionary of Gladden, babymoon = a quite relaxing weekend where you have zero priorities! Jared and I decided a few weeks ago that a babymoon was just what we needed. Between our two houses, preparing for Thomas, and chasing a two year old both of us were exhausted. I know those issues are just everyday, living our life issues, but carrying around twenty extra pounds doesn't make anything easy. For it to be a true babymoon it meant that Morris had to stay with Pop and Grand. After work on Thursday, Pop and Grand picked up Morris to also start his vacation on the farm. Jared and I leisurely packed, did chores around the house, and ate our delicious leftovers. Late Thursday night Jared and I packed up and headed to the condo in Auburn with Louis for our babymoon. The babymoon was just what we needed! Our days have consisted of sleeping til 8, going on at least two walks a day around campus, eating at our favorite Auburn restaurants, and shopping. To top everything off, the weekend was beautiful and sunny... we could not have asked for a better babymoon.

The Dining Highlights of Auburn this Weekend:
  • Dinner at Amsterdam Cafe. Amsterdam is our favorite dinner location. This trip we ate dessert, which we rarely do.l It was a Girl Scout Special that enticed us: "Tag-a-long" bread pudding... delicious!


  • Lunch at The Original Momma G's. I know there are Momma Goldberg's all over Auburn and Alabama. They are good, but they are not like eating at The Original Momma G's on Magnolia. The Momma's Love, Turkey Delight and Nachos can't be beat.

  • A fresh squeezed lemonade from Toomer's Drugs.

1 comment: