JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Extended Valentine's

Our Valentine's celebration started about three weeks ago. One of Jared's best friends, Dustin, turned 30! We were invited for a night of dinner and catching up to celebrate the milestone. Niki called us a week ahead to eat at Veranda on Highlands in Birmingham. Jared and I were not only ecstatic to celebrate the "old man" turning 30, but we were also going to call this our Valentine's dinner. Over the years, we have learned that going to eat at a nice restaurant on Valentine's is not all it is cracked up to be... a pre-set menu, a packed restaurant, and food that is not as yummy as normal... no thank you. Celebrating two weeks early was perfect for us! After a great night, Jared and I were thrilled with our pre-Valentine/birthday celebration. A week later, we got our second invitation for Valentine's. Bill and Helene asked Jared and I to celebrate on February 12th at The Canyon Grill in Trenton, Georgia. Jared and I had previously been to The Canyon Grill and it was great, but it didn't blow me away. On the 12th, The Canyon Grill was delicious, completely blown away. I could go on... and on! We had a great time catching up with Bill and Helene as we stuffed ourselves. Our Second Valentine's celebration was just as great as the first. Needless to say, I had very low expectations for our "real" Valentine's Day celebration. The day turned out to be wonderful. To begin, February 14th marks the 32 week period in my pregnancy. Exactly eight weeks to go until Thomas arrives... I'm predicting I won't make it eight more weeks, but you never know. I think we are mentally ready for Thomas to get here, but I don't know if we are physically ready for him to arrive! The late nights of getting up every three hours are haunting me! I am choosing not to think about it and enjoy each moment of Morris being an only child. Late Monday afternoon, Morris got to celebrate Valentine's with some of his great friends: Charlie and Mary Carleton. We headed to the Eura Brown playground for them to run their sillies out. They ran the track, went down the slide, played in the mud, and even did a little pouting when they didn't get their way, ha! After an hour of playing, we "tried" to round everyone up. The funny thing is Margaret, Melissa, and I are all pregnant. So when they all three decided to run around the track and away from us... it was humorous watching three pregnant girls trying to chase after them. After threatening "spankings" everyone straightened up and headed to the car. Although our Valentine's celebrations have stretched out over three weeks, they have all been special. Happy Valentine's to my two favor tie boys... Morris and Jared... love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment