Morris had his last day school in the Older Two's Room about two weeks ago. Morris has adored Miss Kaci and Ms Erika. He loved going to school and playing with all his friends.
According to our "report card", we have mastered:
- numbers 0-10
- most uppercase letters A-Z
- most letter sounds A-Z
- how to hop on one foot, ha. I giggled that this was a 3 year old skill that was tested.
- how to use the potty
- how to drink from an adult cup
- all of our shapes, except rhombus. It's a tough one.
- all of our colors
What we still need to work on:
- holding our pencil/crayon
- writing our name
- our lower case letters
- imaginative play. Yet again, another giggle that they don't observe this at school. Morris is always growling and pretending that he is a dinosaur. I am sure I get on to him millions of times a day for growling like a dinosaur.
- following directions
In the end, Older Two's was a great success. I look forward to starting 3K next year. I've always thought that 3K is the year that learning truly begins.
People giggle and laugh at me that I am so concerned about having our basics down before kindergarten. I was a teacher and know that you don't want to start school behind. I feel like we are off to the races and the learning has begun...
No comments:
Post a Comment