A picture is worth a thousand words... I have a few pictures to post from Morris' last week of swim lessons with Ms. Phyllis. I'm not sure that the pictures accurately describe the experience, but I'm not sure that a thousand words are appropriate either!
Can Morris swim independently in the pool?
NO, Morris is not tall enough to touch in the three feet section of the pool. Therefore, I can hold him and he can swim to the steps. As for being able to swim like a "man", no!
Could Morris save his life if knocked into the pool?
MAYBE, it would depend if you threw him in near the side.
Is Morris now fearless in the water?
NO! Morris realizes that he can't touch. He likes to stay on the steps. He will swim to me if asked, but is not interested in the diving board.
Do we feel like driving to Ms. Phyllis' was worth my time?
YES! Morris has no issues with putting his head underwater. He can hold is breath and is happy with himself. Morris knows how to float on his back, the elementary backstroke. Mostly, Morris feels like he has accomplished something.
Do I think we will be back at Ms. Phyllis' next year?
YES!
Maybe it wasn't a thousand words, but it was close. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking...
No comments:
Post a Comment