JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Belated Birthday and Home Renovation

Morris had his Belated Second Birthday Party at the ELC on Tuesday. He was so excited to take his brownie cupcakes. He told me all morning... Happy Birthday Morris. I was just happy to see him positive about going to school. After a three week break and losing his pacifier, I was afraid there might be some crying at school. When I picked up Morris, Ms. TeLeah told me Morris had a fabulous today. I was beaming/glowing like a proud pregnant mama! While Morris was at school, Jared and I had an important meeting. In late October/early November, Jared and I bought a new house. I know... I know... how can we image moving again?!? Well, I'm pregnant and in Gladden terms that means it is time to move. Not really, Jared and I were not actively seeking a house, but a house that connects to our backyard quietly came available. Well, in true Amy fashion... I had to see it... and I had to have it... Which means we now own two houses with baby number two, Thomas, quickly approaching. Our current house has only been for sale since late November. Over Christmas is not the best time to sell a house. We are hopeful in the next couple of weeks our house will sell. I have been really sad and excited about leaving our current house, 114 (picture attached). It is wonderful.... I love it. When Jared and I moved home to Gadsden, we renovated this house from top to bottom, inside and out. After finishing our bathrooms in December 2009, we thought we would live here forever. I guess sometimes things work out differently then you expect... forever changes. Today started our meetings on the new house, 259. 259 is also an amazing house that I love. It needs to be remodeled top to bottom, inside and out. But, 259 is double the size of 114 plus some, which means, we will be remodeling in sections. My mom jokes it could takes us ten years to get 259 the way I want it. After two and a half hours of meeting, Jared and I feel confident about starting renovations on 259. I am nervous, anxious, excited, plus many, many more emotions. 259 will be our dream home. When I started on this journey of being a stay-at-home mom, I never imagined I would also become a home renovation specialist, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment