
Morris went to the dentist, Dr. Isbell, for the first time on Monday, June 21st. Dr. Isbell has been my dentist every since my first checkup. Mother has a picture of me in the same chair only with a big grin on my face. Being a perfect only child, I was always great at the dentist office. I would let the hygienist brush and floss every tooth. Well, Morris is not always a perfect only child. He was okay for Ms. Sarah, the hygienist. She tickled his finger with the tooth cleaning brush and then brushed four out of his twelve teeth. After four teeth, he was finished, done, the end... He was not having the vibrating brush in his mouth any longer. After looking through the toy box and playing, I convinced Morris to let me hold him (wrap my legs around his, hold his arm down with one hand, and his head with the other hand) while Dr. Isbell looked at his teeth. Dr. Isbell said we are going a great job brushing and to keep up the good work. He also told us that Morris will most likely need braces because he has an over-bite. This was not a shock since Jared and I both had braces. The most devastating news... we must start working on loosing the pacifier, yuck. While we love Dr. Isbell, we are not sure about this pacifier comment. More details on the pacifier to come... Morris was all smiles leaving the dentist. We have our next appointment in December and I hope that Morris becomes more comfortable in the big chair.
No comments:
Post a Comment