"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
I have always believed Jeremiah 29:11. God wants the best for his children. Yes... stress, heartache, and emotional strain, are always going to be placed into our life. Yet, God has an amazing plan for all of his children. During the hardest times, turn your face to the Lord and he will lead you toward the path of righteousness.
Is it possible to have best friends who live 10 hours away from you... yes. Jared and I met our best friends when we lived in Birmingham, Trey and Erinn Buteau. We lived two streets away from each other. Through your life many friends will come and go, but some friendships are meant for a lifetime.
When Jared and I were moving home to Gadsden, Trey and Erinn were moving home to Shreveport, LA... Trey and Erinn's first year back in Shreveport was hard... Hard really isn't the right word... The short version... Trey's brother, his best friend in the world, died in a accident. Trey was forced to turn to God in a way he had never believed. Erinn suffered two miscarriages. Trey and Erinn were brought to their knees with all the sorrow in their life.
As the calender turned to 2010, we all knew God had amazing plans for their life. Erinn told us about a month ago she was pregnant. We all changed our prayer to... God, please bless the baby that is growing in Erinn's tummy. Jared and I prayed nightly that the baby would grow to be strong and healthy.
Yesterday... Trey and Erinn went to the doctor.... to say the least they were both nervous. After two miscarriages, the doctor can become a daunting task... Well... Erinn is pregnant with TWINS!
We are so excited for our friends... We ask that you pray for them. For God to continue to watch over Erinn. Twins are not an easy task.
Some people may have lost their faith after a tough year, some people may have questioned God, some people may have given up hope... Remember in the end, God has a plan for your life.
Francie is 2
6 years ago
Yes, it is possible to have best friends 10 hours away! I'm starting to think we might not be able to make it to the Auburn/LSU game in October....HAHAHA
ReplyDelete