JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Saturday, April 28, 2012

House Painting

April has been a WILD month... full of blessings, wonderful surprises, and many memories...

I have fallen behind on our family blogging. I intend to catch-up over the next few days. I hope you enjoy.

For three years, I have begged to have a picture of our house painted. A large painting event associated with the Gadsden Museum of Art happens each spring, Southeastern Plein Air Invitational. Painters from all over the Southeast are invited to Gadsden. Not just little no name painters, painters that have made a name of themselves.

When we lived at 114, the painters were only painting Downtown Gadsden. This year the painters were encouraged to travel to any neighborhoods in Gadsden that intrigued them. You can bet, that I had Clubview stirred up and on the prowl.

We enticed a wonderful painter and lovely lady, Karen Weir, to come into our neighborhood. We were so blessed that she has an architectural background. She loved every detail associated with the beautiful homes in our neighborhood.

On Friday, April 13th, I had the opportunity to see the final painting of our home... STUNNING! The picture will be on display at the Museum of Art until late May. For now, I stop by to admire our painting and can't wait to find the perfect spot in my house.

We have been blessed with a great rendition of our home and a new friend in Karen.




No comments:

Post a Comment