Last week for Spring Break, Jared took off on Thursday. We loaded up the boys and headed to the Birmingham Zoo. The Birmingham Zoo is perfect for our children. There are about five main displays, just enough for small children. The current main attraction is an African Safari Adventure. Morris was excited to see a giraffe, elephant, lion, tiger, and most of all the "wolf" (most commonly known as the African Wild Dog).
Jared and I were worried about how we were going to handle the "wolf" issue. As soon as we arrived, Morris said can we see the wolf. I knew the zoo would not have a wolf. How was I going to pull this off? Luckily in the Safari I spotted an African Wild Dog. Being a quick thinker, I thought... African Wild Dog = African Wolf. Morris being 3 believed me! If we had not seen a wolf, I don't know if we could have called this trip a success.
After we arrived at home and looked at the pictures, I have giggled. A few months ago, I decided that pictures are not over-rated, but they are just something I can't stress over. Morris refused to take his pictures. Therefore, every picture of him had to be a sneak attack. I wanted memories, but didn't want meltdowns. I decided that pictures of him looking at the animals would serve as a memory.
Spring Break was a great week. I am glad that Morris and Thomas had their first zoo adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment