Attempting to Potty Train... Attempting is the correct word! I attempted potty training Morris before the arrival of Thomas. We had minimal success. What we accomplished - Morris loves to sit on the potty and tee-tee. The only problem is he only tee-tee's if I force him to go sit on the potty. He never ask to go and we have NEVER had a poo-poo. - I knew that meant Morris was not ready to potty train and I backed off. I still encourage him to go multiple times a day, but we are still wearing diapers and not attempting underwear. - When Thomas arrived, we realized how blessed we were to have our good friends Claire and Casey living down the street. Claire and Casey bring Miller over multiple times a week to let Miller and Morris play or take a golf cart ride. When Miller comes over, the boys run wild. They have the best time. The other thing Morris has started noticing is that Miller wears big boy underwear and uses the potty. Miller always ask to use the potty when they are out our house. Morris insists that he also go to the bathroom and use the little potty. The four of us just giggle at our boys. They are so proud of each other. I hope that Morris watching Miller use the potty like a big boy is going to encourage him to want to potty train. - For now... we are in diapers. May 20th is the set date to start potty training. In my mind, I know this is hopeful. I am not sure that Morris is really ready, but I am. So... on May 20th, we once again will "attempt" potty training. Keep your fingers crossed...
Welcome to The Gladdens in Gadsden... We are a family of four (Jared, Amy, Morris, and Thomas), plus our dog, Louis. We rely on our faith in God and our strength in each other to get us through each day. I hope you follow us on our wild journey that we call our life.
No comments:
Post a Comment