JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Friday, May 10, 2013

It's a Jungle Out There

For Thomas' two year old birthday, I went back and forth about what to do.  For Morris, I had a wonderfully elaborate, well thought out, and well planned birthday party... first child.  For Thomas, I knew how silly that seemed.  Thomas is happy just playing with us.

  

To have a party... not to have a party... I just couldn't decide... After much thought, I compromised with the best of both worlds.  Thomas celebrated his birthday with his friends at school.  I wanted Thomas to have a birthday party, but I didn't want to have an over the top party.  I felt like I found the perfect compromise. 

 

Although Thomas' party was downsized, I wanted him to have all the special birthday treats.  We sent invitations, ordered themed plates, found cute party favors.  After giving many parties, I honestly think this was my best work.


Thomas loves animal, but I didn't want a barn theme.  I thought it would be really cute to have a jungle/safari theme.  All two year old's love animals and making animal noises.  Once I settled on my theme, it was easy to find jungle items.  They were everywhere I looked.  


The school party was a huge success.  The kids loved the pizza, cupcakes, and treats.  They sang happy birthday to Thomas and played and played to end their day.  Mrs. TeLeah and Mrs. Christy were so sweet to let us have our birthday party at school.  It was a great memory.  


Happy Birthday Thomas!







No comments:

Post a Comment