We had a wonderful week leading up to Easter. Our lives were filled with activities from school, church, and family that kept us busy.
The boys had an Easter party at school. Mother and I worked hard that morning to have them dressed and ready. We were busier then normal because I had signed up to be responsible for both the 2K and 3K Easter party. I have no clue how I get myself into such messes.
Jared is never able to attend the school party to help... what was I thinking. I would be lost without mother. She is my lifesaver. We had the car packed and organized with everything for two parties. My organization skills came in handy. We even allowed enough time to take cute pictures of the boys at home.
Mother is so patient with the children. I am rarely the one in family pictures. I am typically the one behind the camera taking the pictures. Mother helped with the boys and we were able to get cute pictures at home.
The boys were a mess while we were taking pictures. They refused to take a picture together. Then, they'd run up and hug each other. Sometimes, I think they are on the same team against mommy. They are always pulling my string. They are best friends and worst enemies. I guess that is how brothers are supposed to act.
We arrived at school in time to get the party started. All the teachers take the children to the gym to play while the party mothers get organized with food and hiding eggs. Both of my boys parties looked exactly the same with coordinating food. It made it much easier on me.
Thomas went straight in for the cookies. Mother and I just laughed and laughed. That is our sweet Thomas. He has a huge sweet tooth. He'd pick a cookie or cupcake any day over a salty snack.
Morris was the happiest when the Easter Bunny showed up in his class. Morris loves a character. Morris and Miller were a mess hopping with the Easter bunny and being silly. I'm sure Morris didn't eat one thing on his plate. He could care less about food. He was ready to hunt Easter Eggs.
Both boys enjoyed hunting eggs, but they loved opening them up to see all the candy. Thomas and Morris have very different "hunting" tactics.
Morris picks up as many eggs as he can, then opens them to look at the treasures.
Thomas opens each egg as he finds it. He is only hunting for the "good" candy. If an egg had an eraser or toy in it, he put it back in place and moved on to find a candy egg; preferably one with chocolate candy. It was hilarious watching him picking through all the eggs.
| Thomas' chocolate covered lips with his teacher Mrs. Christy. |
The Easter Party and Easter Egg Hunt at school were both a huge success!
No comments:
Post a Comment