JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

T-Ball

T-ball... enough said!

Let me begin by saying, I was so mad at Claire, Margaret, and Brooke.  Why could they just not go along with the plan?  The plan was to play soccer... a sport we already knew, a sport we had already bought tons of equipment for... I let them know how frustrated I was with them for weeks.  T-ball was not in the plan for 2013.  

Of course, I gave into peer pressure and signed Morris up for t-ball.  I was Negative Nancy for weeks, maybe even months.  I honestly did not feel Morris had the skills or concentration to play t-ball.  

Boy, has Morris proved me wrong.  His skills and concentration are still not what I would "like", but I constantly remind myself he is a boy and not a girl!

After much peer pressure, pouting, whinning, and general complaing, I signed Morris up for t-ball.  Our t-ball team (Morris, Miller, Charlie, Parker, Zell, Dalton, Bryson, Sterling), is a little more unique then the other teams.  All the other teams in our "league" have a dad that is die hard, baseball to the core.  All of our dads want our children to be successful, but realize there is a place for 4-year-old t-ball.  The dads decided to split up practices and games and are all helping coach.  

One of the dads said it best, I think it is going to take all of us to make it work.  It truly does take all the dads.  One dad organizes the game/practice acting as our head coach and the other dads act as assistants.  Sweet Margaret is our team mom.  She is forever stuck in this position until our boys graduate high school.  We tell her how great she does... lots of affirmation sent her way so she'll sign up again next year!  Katie is our fashion director, ha!  She organized for the moms to get cute matching shirts all with our boys numbers.  We really are making t-ball as fun as possible.  

Here's a glimpse into our first practice... 

It only took us buying three helmets to find one big enough to fit Morris' head.  The poor t-ball sized helmet was like trying to fit into spanx that are a size too small.  We can thank Bud for his big head... big brain! 

We laugh because the t-ball bag is bigger than Morris.
Running the bases to warm-up.
Waiting on the bench for their turn to bat.
Charlie, Morris, Miller, Parker
Coach Casey, the best at batting coach, giving Morris a batting lesson.
Getting a five from Jared on a base hit.  
Getting advice from  Jared before heading to third. 
Just being boys during break time

Celebrating a great practice with Coaches: Casey, Jared, and Michael.

Sweet Thomas! I could not have asked for a better second child (except for his sleeping)!  He goes to every practice and doesn't complain once about sitting in his stroller for an hour and watching "the boys"!  He eats snacks with Beckham, Helen, and Ann Elizabeth.  He watches, talks, plays with his toys, and admires Laney Claire.  He loves Morris so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment