JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Monday, March 18, 2013

The Greatest Show on Earth

In January, Jared and I took Morris and Thomas to "THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH"!  None of the boys, including Jared, had ever been to the circus.


Many of our friends had taken their children the year before.  With Thomas being under one, that just wasn't an option for us.  Many of them were not going back to the Circus this year and I was confused.  They all said they had fun in 2012, but why weren't they going back...

The ringmaster!  He was great.  This is how close we were without a  zoom! 
They stated "over stimulation"!  What in the world is "over stimulation"?!?  Too much stimulation is never enough for Morris and Thomas.  I stopped worrying and we were off to be over stimulated!


I thought we had good seats, but I wasn't sure.  I had not bought the most expensive seats (sitting on the arena floor), but I had bought the next best seats.  I knew I had bought my tickets early and the seats should be good, but I had no idea just how good they were.  WE WERE ON THE FRONT ROW!  I felt like a child.  It was perfect.  My boys were ready to be over stimulated.


To say the circus was amazing is an under-statement.  Morris, Thomas, and Jared were mesmerized.  I think I got teary-eyed by the whole situation.  There I was sitting with my boys, on the front row, and we were all having the time of our lives.


I took tons of pictures.  You can tell in the pictures just how close we were to the action.  Morris would tell me every detail as things were happening: mommy there is a girl in the air, mommy the tigers are coming... He would even lean over to Thomas to guarantee he was seeing every big and small moment.  I tried to capture moments on the camera, but they refused to look at the camera no matter how much I begged and pleaded.

I hate to brag, but my boys were the cutest dressed children at the circus.  Kaki bought our outfits months in advance.  So many people walked up to us and comment.  It was a proud momma moment, ha!
I can't wait for the circus to come back again next year.  It was really something that I will check in the lifetime memory box.  The circus was great when I was a child, but it was better going back and taking my children.


A little circus humor:  the elephant pooped huge right in front of us.  Ask Morris his favorite part and he is sure to mention the poo!




An attempt at a family photo... Morris and Thomas were so excited I couldn't get them to look at the camera together and smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment