Although we spent our first day in Disney at Magic Kingdom, we really felt like it was a quick day of just learning the ropes. We wanted to go back for a full day to truly experience Magic Kingdom.
On the first day, Jared and I learned so much. I had read about everything online before we went, but I truly didn't grasp all the nuances about Disney until we were there. For example: stroller parking, optimizing fast passes, using our snack credits... everything seemed to be easier the second day.
Our day started just slightly off! The monorail was backed up due to an issue with another train. While we were at the Grand Floridian waiting to get on, it was chilly. We had to wait on three trains before it was our turn (10 minutes of waiting max). The sweet man who operated the monorail at the Floridian noticed we had to wait. He was so kind. He quickly introduced himself and we learned: he was from Montgomery and his dad played football for Auburn. WAR EAGLE! He apologized for our long wait. As a perk, he provided us with 8 fast passes. 8 free fast passes are like gold! Jared and I were so glad that we didn't get feisty or complain about waiting. Our patience was rewarded. Our slight hiccup of a morning turned in to be delightful!
We started our day at "TomorrowLand". The boys loved the Toy Story ride on day one. We learned that line is long and gets long very quickly. When the park opened we headed straight to Buzz Lightyear. We walked right in and hopped on. The boys loved shooting at all the aliens and comparing who's score was higher. When we finished the ride, we walked out right into Buzz. We followed Buzz to his station and loved getting to meet him. His space outfit is a little stiff. He couldn't interact as well as some characters, but loved giving high-fives!
I can't tell you how many laps Jared and I walked around Magic Kingdom. We went from ride to ride. We arrived at Magic Kingdom around 9:30am and we were there until around 4:30pm. During that time span, we rode:
Buzz LightYears Space Ranger Spin (all) - Dumbo the Flying Elephant (all) - It's a Small World (all) - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (all) - Mickey's PhilharMagic (all) - Space Mountain (Amy/Jared) - Under the Sea/Journey of the Little Mermaid (all)
When I look at that list, it doesn't seem like much. When we left that day, we felt like we had done so much. We were so proud of ourselves.
The day was in the high 60's and warm, but the wind was blowing wildly. It made it feel cooler than it actually was. We made sure to eat lunch inside at Cosmic Ray's. It was perfect. The boys loved sitting up high and looking at all the people as they walked around.
The highlight of our day at Disney was the four o'clock fireworks at the castle. Jared and I had planned on getting our picture made in front of the Castle with the boys Mickey Ears. It just happened that we coordinated this with the afternoon fireworks. The pictures turned out great. We asked one of the Disney Photo Pass photographers to take our pictures. I am so happy with them!
After watching the fireworks and taking pictures, we headed back to our room for night activities. Let's just say this is when all the "fun" began. After a near perfect day, we started falling apart. We can blame most of it on exhaustion. Even though I did tons of planning, I just can't force everything to go smoothly.
Jared thought it would be nice to ride the boat from Magic Kingdom to the Grand Floridian. I agree this would be nice if you didn't have a double stroller. Ugh... this was a tough five minutes. No worries, we made it, pushed through, and are all the better for it. The boys did love it and it was a pretty ride.
Everyone had told me to plan on 30 minutes from the Grand Floridian to Epcot. We were running behind schedule for our 6:45 dinner. Between trying to get bathed and reorganized, we didn't get on the monorail for dinner at Epcot until 6:30. The Epcot monorail was down and having issues. We didn't get to Epcot until almost 7:30. While we were waiting on the monorail, I called Tuto Italian and explained we would be late. They were so sweet and understanding they said they would hold our table and not to worry.
After we debarked the monorail at Epcot, Jared and I got our map and headed to Italy. OMG!!! That is the only thing I can think to say. Italy is in the back of Epcot. When I say Jared and I jogged to Italy, I am not exaggerating. It's a good thing we are tough. After a quick JOG to Italy, we finally arrived at Tuto Italian. Jared and I both knew dinner would be a disaster and it was the one meal we were looking forward to eating. To say the least, Thomas laid his head on the table, both boys deemed they wouldn't eat the food.... I can't tell you what a melt down we had. The boys had met their exhaustion level. Jared and I pushed through by ordering a bottle of wine and enjoying our food. It wasn't our proudest moment at the dinner table. I'm not sure I even chewed my food, but I knew I drank my wine!
We left Tuto Italian with our tail tucked between our legs. Luckily we finished just in time for the fireworks to start at Epcot. They were beautiful. There is just no other word to describe the fireworks at Epcot. They were my favorite all week. Morris loved watching the fireworks over the water. It seemed like all the disaster at dinner just disappeared in our mind as we watched our children mesmerized by the lights, fireworks, and music. It made me know how lucky I am to be living my life.
I kept thinking in my mind: Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever... 1 Chronicles 16:3-4.
The Lord is good and we knew it as our two children were curled up watching the magic in the sky!
Day 2 was an adventure! A successful adventure, but still a fun adventure I'm not soon to forget!



No comments:
Post a Comment