Going to Auburn on gameday is all that Morris knows. I'm almost positive he's been to every home game since he was nine months old. We may have skipped a game if it fell during nap time, was too hot, or too late, but mostly Morris goes to the game.
After three football season, Morris has developed a few Auburnisms... Here's what we hear at game time:
- Are we going to the conda (condo) this weekend?
- I love the conda.
- I'm a football boy.
- Let's play football daddy? I'll do my football run.
- Can I wear my jesey (jersey)?
- He sings the entire fight song. Instead of "give 'em hell, give 'em hell", Morris says "hit 'em hard, hit 'em hard". He makes sure to pound his fists in the air. He is looking for something to "hit" hard.
- I need to drink my milk so I'll be strong and big like a football boy.
- Aubie sees me. He says this when Aubie is standing in the opposite endzone. Morris will be waving to Aubie and saying "War Eagle Aubie".
- If someone tries to get Morris to say, "roll tide". He announces... that is a nasty word.
Morris loves everything about Auburn... he's a true Auburn boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment