
On Saturday, we took Morris to the McWain Center. We met Jared's cousin, Greg, his two little boys, Sam and Wyatt, and his wife, Anna. The cousins had a blast running around and playing together. You can imagine with three boys how active we were. I was somewhat sceptical if Morris would enjoy the McWain Center. I thought it was geared for children a little older than him. Morris had a blast. It is not only appropriate for children his age, but for big kids, and parents. Jared and I enjoyed it as much as Morris. We started out on an activity where you sit in a chair and pull your weight up. It was tough... we all could pull our weight, but it was hard. Jared and Greg really

struggled since they had the added weight of their children to pull. After playing with all the mechanical toys on the first floor, we headed up to the traveling exhibit on the third floor, Mr. Potato Head. Morris loved almost everything on this floor. He was able to play in the children's grocery store. Morris would push his grocery cart, load up the vegetables, send them down the cashiers line for checkout... it was a really cool station. You could only enter if you were five and under. All the preschoolers were having a blast. There was also a safari truck on this level. Morris and Sam hopped in the truck and took turns driving and talking on the radio. I even talked Morris into wearing the safari hat. Everything on the third floor was engaging, educational, and entertaining. I think Morris could

have spent all day on this level. Jared and I could not wait to take Morris to the water world in the basement. We could tell off the information flyer this would be the floor Morris would love. He adores water, fish, and all things outside. The lower level contains all these elements. In water world, Morris played at a water table. He didn't mind putting on the water apron. Morris splashed and used all the water toys (kitchen gadgets) . We measured water and watched how it flowed on the table. I was glad we wore the water apron. If not, Morris would have been soaked. After playing at the water table, we headed out to the touch tank.

At the touch tank, you can touch sharks, stingrays, and various other fish. Morris was ready to touch... the fish did not scare him. He reached down and
touched a shark first. The instructor specifically states you are to touch the fish with two fingers. What does Morris do? He reaches out and grabs the shark by the dorsal fin. I quickly told him no, no... what was I to do, except say sorry. I was glad that Jared and I didn't have to buy the McWain Center a new shark, or better yet, that the shark didn't bite Morris. He loved touching the shark. He wanted to stay at the tank and watch the sharks swim and would beg to touch them again. We were not goofy enough to let him touch anymore. We were only observers and not active participants. The day was wonderful. We

were all exhausted after a few hours of the McWain Center. Morris was ready to crash. When we left, he was asleep in the car in five minutes. We can't wait to go back to the McWain Center and play again. What a great day with our cousins!
We had a great time too! We MUST do it again!
ReplyDelete