
Getting to the beach was wild... From our house it takes around six hours to arrive at the beach. Jared and I were hopeful that Morris would sleep for three hours of the trip. We were very, very wrong. I never imagined he would only sleep for an hour. We were absolutely worn out by the time we arrived in Destin... Morris had screamed for around three hours... I had given him every toy, food, and pacifier we had in the car... and poor Jared just drove... we all needed some quiet time. Our saving grace was that once Morris touched the sand and ocean, he was in love. All he wanted to do was play on the beach. He didn't mind the sand covering his body and the salt in his eyes. He was the happiest boy you have ever seen. Morris played so hard that he would take a two hour nap in the morning and afternoon.

We would head down to the beach around 7:30. Yes, there were many parents and young children on the beach and playing before 8. Morris would play... He would dig in the sand and stir it around in the bucket. He called this "cooking". He would walk around us in the soft sand and giggle when he would fall down and loose his balance. Morris loved to help Jared put the umbrella in the sand. But, his favorite thing to do, was walk on the shore line and let the water wash up on his feet. He would giggle and give the biggest smile you have ever seen. There was such joy in the heart of a 16 month old. I never knew that something new could make our family smile so much.

Morris played and smiled so hard that many people around us would just watch him. I think the joy of a child is contagious. People wanted to tell us about their children or grandchildren. I always knew that Morris would bring us tremendous happiness. I just did not know that we would be touched by small things everyday. Morris we love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment