JARED . AMY . MORRIS . THOMAS . and LOUIS

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Beach Days Part I (pre Bud and Jared)



A few weeks ago we loaded up and headed to the beach. In my mind, I had this visual of us sitting on the beach listening to the waves while Morris quietly played and Thomas rested... wake up Amy... you must be dreaming!!! I'm not sure where I got this image from, but it was not my life, ha. - The beach was a wonderful vacation, but it was still vacation with a two and half year old and a five month old. - The Gladden vacation started when mother and I took two boys, a dog, and a loaded yukon xl to the beach by ourselves. I don't know how we worked up the courage, but off we went... It took us a few stops to get to Gulf Shores, but the fun really started when we got there. Jared and Bud always load and unload the car, not this time. Mother and I were alone and the task had to be done. After unloading the car, we quickly realized that going to the beach and carrying two kids and all the "beach gear" was not going to be easy. Yet, we made it. I can't say we made it with grace and style, but we made it down to the beach three days before we had help. Once we would get down to the beach, the boys were great. It was just the getting to the beach part that was a struggle... a bumbo, a beach bag, a baby in a bjorn, a bottle, a sippy cup, a snack... ugh, it still makes me tired. - Morris loved rolling around in the sand, building castles, letting his toes get into the water, and searching for sea shells with Kaki. I'm not sure what Morris would have done without his Kaki there. We lovingly joke that Kaki is Morris's best playpall. We had a blast on the beach. Morris would play and Thomas would snooze. Our schedule worked out great. The beach would wear the boys out and they would come in for long afternoon naps. After long naps, mother and I would pack up the boys and head out to a restaurant. We didn't let our two favorite children slow down our out to eat fun. Although Beach Days Part I without Bud and Jared were tough, they were great. It was mother and I enjoying our time with the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment