For Christmas I surprised Jared with Jason Alden tickets. When I bought the tickets, Huntsville was not on his concert tour. I took the next best location, Nashville. I decided that Alden in late February would be a great getaway for us.
Our getaway was perfect! It was much needed and came at just the right time. Jared and I left on Friday afternoon and were Nashville bound. We had carefully planned out where we would stay, The Hermitage, and where we would eat, Merchants, Puckett's Grocery, and The Capitol Grill. Beyond food and sleeping, we really didn't care what would happen. Those were the most important items on our itinerary.
Friday night Jared and I went to eat at Merchants. We had never been to Nashville and didn't know what to expect. Merchants is located on one of the busiest corners on Broadway. We felt like we were in college again. We sat in a booth and ate delicious food. One of my favorite things about Nashville is everywhere we ate had flavored popcorn. Merchants popcorn was FABULOUS. It was flavored with pepper, rosemary, basil, garlic, and other yummy spices. I could have just feast on popcorn. After our meal, we walked straight to the Alden concert.
Since the Alden concert was a gift, I made sure that we had great seats. Our seats were perfect: high enough to see over the floor, but low enough to be apart of the action. Luke Bryan was one of the opening acts and he started the party. He was amazing. Everyone sang along as each "country girl was shaking it for me". The girls in front of us were even decked out in "shake it for me" shirts. It was too funny! Alden sang and the crowd loved it. One of the high points was when Kelly Clarkson joined Alden on the stage. Kelly's voice is an amazing gift. Most artist don't sound as powerful on stage as on their album. Kelly sounded better than her album. As Jason Alden closed his My Kinda Party concert that night, Jared and I left tired and exhilarated.
Saturday was filled with shopping, eating, napping, visiting The Ryman and just enjoying our quite time together. Jared and I would not change having two children in three years, but sometimes it makes our lives hectic. It was great to be able to sit back listen to one another and just enjoy ourselves.
Our Jason Alden Nashville weekend was pure bliss!
No comments:
Post a Comment